Followings are some of the notable activities/services that PIC organized/participated.
- JATA Tourism EXPO Japan
- Every September, the PIC participates in the JATA Tourism EXPO Japan, the largest travel event in Asia, to promote the Pacific Islands as a Japanese tourism destination.
- Trade Shows
- The PIC provides business promotion opportunities for Pacific exporters through participating in the various trade shows in Japan, such as FOODEX, Supermarket Trade Show and Private Label Trade Show.
- Marine Diving Fair
- Every April, the PIC participates in the Marine Diving Fair, the largest diving and resort show in Asia, to promote the Pacific Islands as a marine resort destination to Japanese divers and resort goers.
During the PALM Summit every three years, the PIC organizes Pacific Festa, a comprehensive promotional event for the FICs. The PIC also provides business promotion opportunities through the Pacific Islands Exhibition with JETRO during the PALM Summit period.
- Trade Seminars
- The PIC organizes Trade Seminars for each of the Forum Island Countries, in cooperation with respective trade representatives, and each Embassy in Tokyo.
- Tourism Seminars
- At every opportunity for tourism promotion, the PIC provides speakers for tourism seminars. In addition, the PIC will organize seminars for any FICs sending tourism promotion missions to Japan.
- Investment Seminar
- The PIC organizes Trade Seminars for all Forum Island Countries in cooperation with their trade representatives and Embassies in Tokyo.
- Permanent Exhibition Space
- The PIC has permanent, eye catching exhibition space for trade and tourism promotion. It displays booklets and leaflets, as well as various cheerful products from the Forum Island countries.
The PIC produces various publications in hard copy and online. These include guide books on each FIC, and a statistical data serial on trade and investment between Japan and FICs. Most of these are the only publication in Japanese. These are available both through our web site and from our office location.
- Web Promotion
- The PIC has a Japanese Web Site providing comprehensive information about the FICs. With more than 250,000 hits per year, it is recognized as the go to information resource for all Japanese interested in the Pacific Islands, including tourists, traders and investors.
- Pacific Islanders Club Meeting
- Pacific Islanders Club Meeting has been organized by The PIC since 2009. It is a seminar for Japanese to provide business hints from prominent guest speakers. It is organized three times a year and more than 100 people gather every time.
- Attachment Programme
- Under this programme, The PIC assists business missions from FICs while they are in Japan. The programme provides various services needed by the business people aiming to start up activities in Japan.
- Dispatch PIC Mission
- The PIC has sent missions to FICs to enhance their trade and tourism activities with Japan. The PIC also has sent lecturers from Japan to trade/tourism/investment workshop upon their request.
- Public Awareness
- The PIC also works for general awareness of the Pacific Islands in Japan. This includes coordinating Pacific Lectures in the Liberty Academy at Meiji University. The PIC also provides information to Japanese media covering the Pacific Islands.
- Seminar for FIC visitors
- The PIC organizes seminars, workshops, and meetings for the officials of FICs, who visit Japan through various organizations and government programme. The seminars cover tourism, trade, commerce and various economic sectors.